I apologise to any specialists in pond weed for any suggestion of irony that may be experienced in the second panel, and the use of the verb “reduced”
Posts Tagged animals
I decided to post the daily diary comics I did while on holiday in Norfolk last week. I’m planning to post one a day.
I’m finding using real paper a lot of fun — pencil then ink then erase pencil. It’s a lot easier than using the graphics tablet, even though there’s no UNDO button for the ink. And you know my drawing skills can use any help available.
In case you are wondering, Jules and Sandy are characters in an old BBC radio comedy series, Round The Horne, which we often listen to on long drives. The appalling puns help to keep us alert, and anyway I can steal the less risqué ones for Invisibules jokes.
Furthermore, there are those who say Hodgkinson himself is not above suspicion…
2. you may get a glimpse, but it is a very small bird...
3. ...that likes to hide in the shrubbery
4. and it is invisibule
5. and we suspect that...
6. we haven't got one
Based on a true story. Only the names have been changed to protect the ornithologically challenged.
EDIT: fixed balloons in third panel — thanks mpj
2. (I don't remember what they're called) [was it a hoopoe?]
3. (hoopoe aren't yellow) [yes they are]
4. (no, you're thinking of a weaver bird) [I am _not_ thinking of a weaver bird]
5. (you _are_ thinking of a weaver bird) [I am _not_ thinking of a _weaver_bird_]
6. (but you are now...) [...dammit!]
2. [not bad at all, thanks! We saw plenty of lions]
3. [giraffe, hippos, impala, rhino...]
4. (sounds great!) [really, we were hoping to spot a cheetah...]
6. [but all those we saw were already spotted]