Posts Tagged maths
… yes, Tautology Man IS HERE!
Youngsters today don’t know they’re born. If only I’d had Tautology Man to help me when I studied logic, then I’d have had Tautology Man to help me when I studied logic.
Student: this logic course is too hard. If only Tautology Man were here!
Student: Tautology Man! You're here!
Tautology Man: yes! I, Tautology Man, am here!
Student: and so...?
Tautology Man: and so, I'm here!
Now you have a chance to get a glimpse some of the intense planning that goes into the production of these apparently simple comics. The strategy team monitor and analyse the entire internet daily, to come to a decision on what category of joke to use in a given issue, and pass their recommendations to the humour team whose job it is to come up with the actual jokes. The strategists subsist in the sub-basement, and have to send all their results up to the light and space of Eagle’s Tower where the humourists give life to comic ideas. It’s quite a lot of stairs, and there are many categories for the results, so we employ a team of runners to deliver them. Today, rather make a comic, I decided to show you what these reports look like. It’s very simple to just trip up a random runner on his climb and catch his sealed missive as he falls down into the spiral — I hastily add that we have a heap of straw at the bottom to prevent too many injuries as this is a common sport amongst bored humourists. Anyway, it probably turned out for the best as a quick check around the humour team indicates that none of us has a clue how to make a graph funny.
Thanks to all of you who suggested this awful pun, especially grj.
2.TRUE and FALSE is FALSE / FALSE and TRUE is also FALSE
3. but now BULE decrees
4. FALSE and FALSE is _TRUE_ / it is the _new_law_ and _all_ shall believe it
5. Defy me at your peril for I AM _BULE_
6. It is the only way I can pass my logic exams -- BULEAN LOGIC RULES
I know, I know, it’s not a proper algebra. Anyway, feel free to suggest your own productions in the comments…
2. envy / Schadenfreude / life
3. boredom / self abuse* / solvent abuse -- *or reading a good book
4. jealousy / infidelity / ménage à trois
5. mitosis / meiosis / unplanned meiosis / miosis
2. (how's things?) [I'm just enjoying being male]
3. (what do you mean?) [I mean this sex change really suits me]
4. (but you were born male -- you've had no sex change)
6. [I've had an even number of sex changes]
2. (but they still send me stuff!)
3. [but it's probably only imaginary stuff!]
4. (Yeah, but if I rotate it by pi/2* it will become real...) *90 degrees
6. (Blast! it's come out negative) [you turned the wrong way]